SQAadvisory is Official Training Provider and Master Trainer
Performance test engineers play a critical role into Software Development Life Cycle. They are responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting performance testing. Therefore, they ensure that the application doesn’t misbehave under changing user load and that no bottlenecks or errors reach the end-users. According several references like Glassdoor, Salary.com, Ziprecruiter, Zippia, the salary for the performance tester rol is over 75k per year. An example of this Ziprecruiter (99k per year), Glassdoor (84k per years). This is one of the most paid roles within the QA and Testing area. This course will provide participants with the basic understandings to get into the area as a performance tester.
Why Performance Testing and JMeter
Performance testing is a type of testing intended to determine the responsiveness, throughput, reliability, and/or scalability of a system under a given workload. It is a generic term that can refer to many different types of performance-related testing (load, stress, endurance, etc.), each of which addresses a specific problem area and provides opportunities for improvement and to find out bottlenecks. There are several automated tools available to execute performance testing – JMeter is one of the most widely used tools to simulate the load generation. It is an open source software, designed to simulate a heavy load on a server, group of servers, network or object to test its strength or to analyze overall performance under different load types. With the increasing demands and requirements placed on the software products and projects, PtU aims to help pave the path to a global standard in performance testing and the JMeter area.
Nicolas Villegas Felix - CONCREDITO Mexico
Without a doubt, I highly recommend this course, since it contains everything you need to start in this extensive world of Performance Testing, it makes being able to immerse yourself in performance testing something easy
Davson Sarabria - Inmetrics Chile
The preparation was excellent, always with a good disposition and they never left anything out, everything was answered and they were always available for any questions. Without them, the practical exercises would not have advanced or clarified the doubts.
Dayana Siveira - Revoplay Florida USA
hank you very much for the course! A great team of teachers. Doubts are clarified all the time and even private sessions for personal questions. The content of the course is magnificent with many practical exercises. I almost started from scratch and I am ready to do my performance tests.
Federico José Marucco SISTRAN - Argentina
The course was very good, it met my expectations !! I really liked the correlation and parameterization part! I totally recommend it! I know we have a lot to learn, but by the end of the course you get a solid foundation! Congratulations, keep going !! Thanks
Ariannis Abella - Florida US
The performance testing united training is very organized and complete, it teaches you from zero all the necessary knowledge and skills. I recommend it 100%.
Jesidey Rincón Mora CleverIT Group - Chile
The course was so satisfactory, although I already had previous knowledge with the tool, I learned things that I had not used before and are essential. It is best to have the teachers at all times to clarify doubts.
About the course
- The course consists of 24 hours, normally distributed in several sessions,. It is a 100% online course, face-to-face with the Instructor.
- All sessions will be recorded and materials will be handed out at the end of each session. Zoom will be used for the videoconferences and Google Classroom for the organization of the materials.
- In the last meeting a Mock exam will be applied, The exam is very similar to the real certification exam.
- Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to take the official certification through the exam provided by the Brightest certification body.
Course Business Objectives
- Understand the main concepts of performance testing and the
methodology for conducting it
- Use the JMeter tool to create and run performance testing on web
- Analyze performance testing results and identify application
- Identify application performance indicators and use tools for
- Basic knowledge about programming. Understandings about Variables, Functions, Methods, Control Structures (Conditionals and Loops).
- Basic knowledge about HTTP protocol. Understanding about HTTP Request/Response, and the main elements involved like Cookies, URL, Parameters, Methods (GET, POST), Headers and Body.
- Basic knowledge about system architecture. Understandings about Web architectures based in layers (Client/Server).
Who should attend?
The PtU-CPTJM course contains some technical content that teaches JMeter load testing techniques and is appropriate for Software Testers, Test Engineers, Performance Testers, Performance Engineers, Test Leads, QA Manager, Operational Support.
Chapter 1 Introduction
- Main concepts of performance testing
- Introduction to the HTTP(S) Protocol
- JMeter Basic Concepts
- Installation of JMeter
Chapter 3 Advanced Scripting
- Variables and functions
- Think times, Logic Controllers and Assertions
Chapter 5 Documentation
- Creating a test plan
- Creating a test script
- Creating a test report
- Results visualization in JMeter and Nmon Visualizer
- Processing monitoring files
Chapter 2 Basic Scripts.
- Basic scripts
- Recording and execution
- Script recording process
- Results listeners
Chapter 4 Testing (Test Execution)
- Test execution
- Console Execution, Distributed tests
- Application Monitoring
- Monitoring with Nmon and Perfmom
Chapter 6 Extra
- JMeter Best Practices
- Testing Web Services
- Mock exam